Multigenerational intentional community integrated with a wellness center, an organic farm, using Consumer and Worker Co-ops as well as US DOL Registered Apprenticeships to deliver caring services to seniors, young families and children, demonstrating and providing educational programming on Climate Change mitigation, adaptation and migration strategies.
HOW WILL YOU HELP CREATE A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE?
Join Michigan Ecovillage Co-op!
A cooperative multi-generational community in the making, bringing hope by demonstrating Climate Change mitigation and adaptation.
Michigan Ecovillage is being established utilizing an inter-dependent network of cooperative businesses, for community development and replication. Cooperative businesses include consumer co-ops, housing co-ops, and worker-owned co-ops. Worker-owned cooperatives will provide ecovillage members with sustaining sources of income. Worker-owners will live in the Ecovillage with their families, and provide products and services for local as well as regional markets. Individual co-ops will leverage the economies of scale from the larger ecovillage consortium. The use of co-op business structures provides legal advantages for social investment, access to co-op organizational support and grants, as well as co-op bank bond offerings.
Participate as a Founder, Co-op Board Director or Co-op Member:
Live in the beautiful environment of the community, renting or buying a family home, or apartment. Enjoy the community center with cafeteria, exercise classes, meeting rooms, social gatherings, and quiet places to relax.
- Join a Worker Cooperative and be an Employee Owner.
- Volunteer, work part-time or full-time at community cooperative businesses, including early childhood development, eldercare services, tree care, farming, gardening, food processing and meal production, and community educational programs about climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Young families may move to the ecovillage to raise their families in a supportive multi-generational educational environment, with child care and employment opportunities.
- Retire to the community, enjoying the companionship of kindred spirits making a difference, as well as safety and an elegant quality of life while contributing to future generations. Aging in place, in community.
- The professional services provided to elder members will help financially support the network of ecovillage caregivers and the community activities.
- Move into an Independent Living apartment, with optional meal, housekeeping and personal home caregiver services.
- As needed, convert to full meal and caregiver services.
Michigan Ecovillage is working with The Cooperation Group http://www.cooperationgroup.coop/ on co-op plans in preparation for business offerings.
Michigan Ecovillage is currently looking for Founders, Members, and Partners, including:
- Resident Members
- Co-op Board Directors
- Experts in Finance, Cooperative Funding, Marketing
- Experts in Net Zero Building construction
- Wellness Experts
- Home Care Administrators
- Experienced Organic Farmers and Gardeners